Monday 2 January 2012

Challenge #20 week of 2nd January 2012

Happy New Year!


Not the best photo of the almost hour long display of fireworks from the houses around where we live on Saturday evening but you get the idea :-)
It's 2012! I hope that you had a great Christmas, a fun-filled New Year and are now ready for another year of whimsical inspiration.

I don't know about you but I'm dying to get back into more regular creating after the chaos of the last couple of months and am looking forward to continuing with our weekly prompts as starting points to some fun but meaningful layouts.

Challenge #20 comes courtesy of a note I left on our WM discussion board about the Winter Solstice just before Christmas. At the time, I didn't think anything more of it until Pam asked if I was hinting about a future challenge and then I realised that actually, yes I was!

I commented about the Solstice being a turning point in the year for those of us in the higher (or lower) latitudes. So for me in Germany, it's the shortest day in the year and the start of days getting a little longer each day. I don't mind the short days at all - you know how I LOVE weather and nature - but I love the idea of the perpetual rhythm of nature or how a single moment in time can change the way we feel. Those of you who long for the lengthy summer days will appreciate this I think!

So, this week's challenge is turning points which also seems very appropriate for the first week of a new year. Take it broad or narrow, think about key changes in your life, the seasons, getting older, big decisions or even a tiny one. There's many ways to interpret this.

Looking back, I can see that I've created a few pages over the years about milestones in my life such as:






I can't wait to see the turning points you identify to scrap this week.

Don't forget to link up over at our Flickr group (here) using the tag WM#20.

Once again, Happy New Year and all the best to you and your family for 2012.

1 comment:

  1. Great layout. I haven't really scrapbooked other than digital in awhile. I like seeing all your pages just using scraps.

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...