Sunday 8 January 2012

#20 Inspired by turning points

When I think back on my life I've so many turning points that I could have chosen for this week's challenge layout but in the end my love of BasicGrey won out! I've saved some of the other ideas for a later time although sometimes I'm missing the photos so I need to get a bit more creative with telling my story too. Does anyone else have that problem? Too many ideas? Layouts to make but no photos? Or maybe even, too big a story for the time you have available? I need to come up with a few strategies for these problems. Any ideas welcome ;-)

Anyway, back to BasicGrey. I kept thinking about when I first started scrapbooking and realised that this was a tiny story that hadn't been told. And as it so happens, I still had some of the very first items I ever bought so the two came together quite nicely. What didn't gel so well was the design of the page. But never mind...

I write about the first time I went to a shop selling scrapbook supplies and how I fell in love with it right there and then. I saw and bought my first BasicGrey on that day and the hoarder that I am, I still had a full sheet of tags and a mini-book thing that I decided had to be used today. The mini-book was falling apart (from age!) and so I cut it apart and used it on my layout to house my journalling and also my little accordion book of photos which are hidden underneath featuring the first 4 layouts I ever made and my most recent four. (What a difference!)  I challenged myself to use all the tags and just made a collage at the bottom of the page with lots of loopy twine and popped my title there.

I feel that something is needed directly below the journalling and the top left corner is awfully bare compared to the jumble of the rest of the page - any ideas?

This is definitely not the best layout I've ever made but it includes product that is about to celebrate its 6th anniversary and records a turning point in my crafty endeavours. Job done!






I'm struggling to find my groove this side of New Year and this layout was a bit of an effort to tell you the truth so I'm really looking forward to seeing what Pam has created and to her challenge which should be up here tomorrow.

Lisa
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Lisa - SO LOVE that little minibook w/ LO photos. Love that you used product from that actual day. And no worries dear, it's only Jan 8th. You have plenty of time to find your groove (or make your groove a bit bigger!!!) ;) xoxo Heidi

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...