So where does that leave us this week? Winter clothes are being ignored at the back of the wardrobe in favour of lighter, fresher styles and that made me have a look through my accessories.
When my eye fell on a favourite that appears to be broken, I knew that I should make it a prompt for us.
So this week I'd like you to be inspired by this necklace.
But I have a photo or two of me wearing it and this photo here. Fond memories of Skagway, Alaska where I bought it come to mind when I see it, so that might be the way I go this week.
You might want to consider the following ideas:
- be inspired by the design itself - the mix of little and larger flowers, the different shapes of the petals or the curved line they form.
- be inspired by the colours - a brighter sky blue matched with a dusky grey-blue and a happy green-yellow spot in the middle.
- be inspired by a piece of costume jewellery of your own - one that you love, you dislike, you were given, you treated yourself, a cheap and cheerful piece or something a little more expensive. There's plenty of directions to take this.
- be inspired by a holiday purchase - I always try to buy something on a trip that I can take back with me to remember the happy time I had. We have prints, original paintings, pieces of jewellery or decorative items for our home. I'm sure I could make a page about each of these items and still have more to say.
- be inspired by clearing items out - this necklace, as much as I still love it, will be thrown away to make space for a new much-loved piece. Part of my ongoing decluttering, organising and sorting process that's very much an ongoing theme in my life. You might have a story to tell that's similar.
I think that these ideas could be some good jumping off points this week and I'm interested to see where you go!
Wherever that is, I really hope you'll share. It would be great to see what you make. You can connect with us in our Facebook group here. Tag your entry with #WMXX so we know exactly which inspiration you've taken.
Have a great day everyone!