Wednesday 4 September 2019

#327 - be inspired by water

Alongside the restart of new prompts and inspiration here on Whimsical Musings, I've realised I have a bunch of layouts to share that I've made to fit multiple prompts and design teams. So as well as trying to make up pages from the current prompts, I'd like to share those on a regular basis. I've scheduled them here on Wednesdays for the next few weeks so I hope you'll also feel free to share any layouts you make for any of the WM prompts. Sometimes an older prompt speaks to you directly and I say, go for it! There's no such thing as being behind on challenges here - any prompt and layout is good to go.

Here is my first to share today.

It's a layout for WM#327 - be inspired by water.

I made this page for my Creative Team over at the wonderful Simple Scrapper using a sketch from a few months ago as well as a Story Starter™ for the current month. Simple Scrapper offers a premium subscription membership where you can find hundreds of sketches and Story Starters™ as well as many further resources inspiring you to create beautiful pages and tell meaningful stories in a supportive, communicative community environment. You can find out more information here.

My story was inspired by a water based prompt and as I was thinking of what story to tell, my eye fell on this classic 1986 photo from my time living in the South of France. I can almost feel the wind in my hair and the memories came flooding back. A great water-based story.


The sketch I used was simple with just a few tags sticking out from behind the photo. I know you know me well enough now that I needed a couple of layers at least, so I headed to my scrap box and grabbed a couple of pieces that provided good contrast between the photo and the wonderful October Afternoon sunburst paper that I've been saving for that "special" page.


The sketch called for journalling along the sunburst lines which was perfect as I knew that I had quite a lot of story to tell. In fact, this time around, once I'd identified the photo I wanted, I spent about 30 minutes recalling the details of this day/weekend and wrote it all down. I then knew that I needed a sketch with a bunch of space for a lot of journaling but that I only wanted to use a single photo. This helped me narrow down the sketch to select. The sunburst paper was integral to the sketch and it all fell in place. I keep a section in my paper storage just for sunburst papers so it was easy to find a suitable pattern. Unfortunately, I only have one of this design - I'm sure I could use it a dozen times for different pages!


Minimal embellishments were needed so I added stitching detail to give it a little more dimension. interest and texture.


And there you have it. Simple and easy to pull together. This took me very little time and makes me happy. When I looked through my albums for this part of my life, I realised that I've only told one or two stories so far which makes this all the better. What stories have you been holding off telling? Just imagine all those pool, lake or ocean-based memories needing a place in your albums. Is this the week to tell one of those?

As always, I love it when you share too and if you've been inspired to create, don't forget that you can add your own creations to our Facebook group here. Please don't be shy! Tag your entry with #WMXX so we know exactly which inspiration you've taken. 

Or simply tell us in the comments where to find you... :-)


** This post includes promotion for Simple Scrapper's premium subscription membership for which I am on the Creative Team.

2 comments:

  1. Love the journaling on the rays.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy - this was the element on the sketch that really appealed! I had more journalling than the original sketch but it's so great to be able to stretch it out.

      Delete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...