Monday 16 September 2019

Challenge #330 - week of 16th September 2019

Happy Monday - again!

Today, I'm heading back to a product in my stash that I use very often but usually in the same way - this might be the week for me to break out of the splats and try something different.

This week, I'd like you to be inspired by mists.

I've got a whole bunch of mists and rarely make it to the end of a bottle. And I'm on the permanent look out for the perfect gold! The HS was a good one but not 100% and now that it's discontinued, I'm in need of a new one. I need try out a few I have my eye on. And I recently had a new super glimmer spray by Nuvo in my hands that was really impressive - I'll need to get one so that I can put it through its paces on my pages. But I'm open to suggestions if you have any. ;-) 


You will know that there's rarely a layout that I make without a little "dusting" of mists in one or two corners. A visual triangle is so easily made with a little sprinkle but I think I mostly follow through on my diagonal design when I add a few splashes. How about you?

Let's see if I can find evidence of more ways to use this product.

Here I used gold mist to highlight some of the words on the paper

Misting through a die cut background gave a whimsical and far from perfect polka dot background 

A swipe of gold to highlight the title 

Diagonal splats

Quite intensive spraying

A central diagonal 

Splats in a cluster

Monochromatic spraying and droplets using a background die cut as a template again.

Let's just have a think about the different ways you could use mists:

  • spray them across your background page to make your own design
  • splat or drop them in a cluster, a diagonal, visual triangle or randomly
  • use them as you would a paint - on the background, to highlight parts of a patterned paper or even as a title
  • spray or splat them across a template such as a mask or a bought/self-cut die cut
  • spray them onto plastic packaging of some sort and then layer your background or paper over the top of it and "squish" it down - I have no idea what this technique is called but I did try it once, only to cover 90% of it up with my papers and photos - doh!
I'm sure if you looked around online, there's a dozen other techniques you could try. So, try something new or go back to a trusty method that you know works for you. If you're nervous about making a "mess" on your page, have a go on a journalling card or pocket page card which you can then use on your page. This is the week to experiment or just remember to use this versatile item in your stash. I know that I go through phases where I reach for three or four colours every layout and then completely forget for a while before I remember to grab them again. These are such an easy fun product to add a little "something" so let's showcase them this week.


Whichever way you decide to go, I really hope you'll share. It would be great to see what you make.  You can connect with us in our Facebook group here. Tag your entry with #WMXX so we know exactly which inspiration you've taken.


Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...