Sunday 8 September 2019

#238 - be inspired by back to school

I'm inspired right now, and motivated too. A good combination to put some creative time to good use.

WM#238 - be inspired by back to school 

I knew that I had many stories to tell about school and it was just a matter of which one to pick for what happens to be the second school-themed page this month so far. The other will be shared later in the month.

My trusty Counterfeit Kit Challenge September kit, Wanderlust, is proving useful as it happens to have a good mix of greens and blues in there as well as a bunch of interesting embellishments that I've decided match my school journey concept. Travel and stars and little elements which can be extended to fulfil the idea of school and schedules and the passage of time.

CKC September kit Wanderlust, lo#2

As mentioned, I picked out all the greens and blues I could find in this kit which matches the colours of my old school uniform - it's a subtle technique but one that I notice each time I look at a school page. Do you like to use hidden symbolism too? It's a technique I use all the time.


I've mentioned before how few photos I have from my time at school, so I'm being very careful to use just one or two photos per story so that I can stretch out those I have. This was taken recently (2011) when I attended a school open day. But the memories of the cupboard back in the day are very fresh!


I made up this page while I was at my weekly crop, pulling it together without an idea of which photo or even story I wanted to tell. I like this approach as it doesn't feel restricting and allows me to just create in a way which I feel showcases all the products and embellishments I decide to use. When I come home and finish off the page, I often tweak the placement of the smaller pieces or rework the title. In this case, I had a completely different title in fact, lined up underneath the paper block but when I decided on a topic and a single portrait photo, this position didn't work and I decided to change out the whole thing - words and all. I prefer this much more.


And there you have it. Another snippet of my life ready to be filed away. 

Will you be inspired to tell a school themed story this week? I've offered some other ideas for directions to take this prompt in the original post here if you need some more options - check it out!

As always, I love it when you share too and if you've been inspired to create, don't forget that you can add your own creations to our Facebook group here. Please don't be shy! Tag your entry with #WMXX so we know exactly which inspiration you've taken. 

Or simply tell us in the comments where to find you... :-)

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout. It's great to see old photos and stories being scrapped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love hearing the excitement in your voice at creating! Still haven’t had a moment to hop but can’t wait to see your kit. Wonderful page - I can almost smell it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful layout and what a great way to connect all of your school layouts by using the same colors!

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...