Tuesday 24 September 2019

#62 - be inspired by home

Another catch up layout post today and a layout about a trip over the summer "home" to the UK. It's funny, Germany is most definitely "home" for me but of course, the UK will always be "home" too. It can be complicated for people to understand where I'm talking about when I use the word because it could be either and could refer to the location I'm currently in or the "other"!

This is another layout that was also made for my Simple Scrapper Creative Team assignments using a new sketch as well as a recent Story Starter™. Simple Scrapper offers a premium subscription membership where you can find hundreds of sketches and Story Starters™ as well as many further resources inspiring you to create beautiful pages and tell meaningful stories in a supportive, communicative community environment. You can find out more information here.

The sketch appealed to me as it featured five photos with space to write out a good chunk of journalling. As usual, I tweaked it a little to squeeze in that top right photo into a title space which allowed me to fit in my top 6 photos from the weekend - three portrait and three landscape. Of course I took quite a few other photos this trip but it's a good overview of this short three-day trip from start (flying over the pretty fields of England) to finish (back at the airport and a quote that rang true for me) with all the bits in the middle including a family party, brunch on the High Street with my mum and a stroll across a typical English park complete with bandstand!


The sketch was interesting in that it included a whole bunch of circular embellishments and I decided to get happy with the Big Shot and cut out a whole lot of different sized circles from the papers that I found in my Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit (July 2019 - Mingle).


I was very brave and decided to stamp directly onto the background paper. I'm a terrible stamper and am terrified of really messing things up so I rarely attempt such a brave step. But I went for it and used a fun hashtag stamp from SC or Kelly Purkey I think and then a cheap no-name set for the days of the week. It turned out so well and I was thrilled. Maybe this will encourage me to do it more often!


A mixed-font title was needed because I wanted such a long one and it would have taken up too much space and definitely would have left me very short of various letters if I'd only used Thickers.


And there you have it. A layout for my Creative Team assignment which used up a Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit and fulfilled a Whimsical Musings prompt at the same time. That's a success in my book.

As always, I love it when you share too and if you've been inspired to create, don't forget that you can add your own creations to our Facebook group here. Please don't be shy! Tag your entry with #WMXX so we know exactly which inspiration you've taken. 

Or simply tell us in the comments where to find you... :-)


** This post includes promotion for Simple Scrapper'premium subscription membership for which I am on the Creative Team.

2 comments:

  1. 😍 The perfect trifecta! Medal 🎖 of bravery awarded for stamping prowess which looks a-ma-zing. A whole new look 👀 yet very Lisa 😊 Heading to my laptop for a better look!

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...