Monday 30 September 2019

Challenge #332 - week of 30th September 2019

I think you all know how much I love the dates in my diary driving my inspiration. It all rather reminds me of a Big Picture Scrapbooking class I did with Elizabeth Dillow - the Scrapbooker's Almanac - did any of you do that class? I still have the book on my shelf and it was a great class.

Anyway, 30th September marks the anniversary of meeting my now husband and this year is a full 21 years since the day fate turned my life around. 

When I was younger, even though in the UK we were already officially an adult at 18, the move from 21 to 18 was still fresh and I got to have a smaller celebration at the age of 21 too. And that got me thinking.

This week, I'd like you to be inspired by becoming an adult.

  • What does that mean to you? 
  • Did you have a party? 
  • Did you mark it in some specific way? 
  • Had you been waiting a long time to be "legal" for something or other? 
  • How about friends or family? 
  • Perhaps this is the time to talk about your first time to vote, have an alcoholic drink or go to a horror movie rated for adults? 
  • Or maybe it's time to talk to that younger you who couldn't wait to become an adult and give them some advice. 
  • Or can you remember how you felt at that time.
  • It might even have been a bit of a disappointment!
As always, I like to have something visual so I fished out two rather old pages now (from 2011 and 2012!) looking back at a much, much younger me at the tender age of 18 - with journaling from a present perspective. Is that really me?



I think there's a lot of different directions you could go this week with an adult inspired page and I'd love to see how you've been inspired.

Whichever way you decide to go, I really hope you'll share. It would be great to see what you make.  You can connect with us in our Facebook group here. Tag your entry with #WMXX so we know exactly which inspiration you've taken.


Have a great day everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely layouts looking back - and fun snapsshots of you. I have that book on my shelf; I did not know there was a class. I may have to pull that one out. Thanks as always for something to ponder.

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...