Monday 23 September 2019

Challenge #331 - week of 23rd September 2019

Another Monday and I'm happy to say that autumn is definitely in the air here in my corner of the world. That makes me happy. What's making you happy today?

This week, the calendar tells me that its 23rd September which reminds me that it's the birthday of an ex-boyfriend! Even though I can't even remember my own name half the time, I seem to be able to retain birthdays for a very long time. This person left my life 30 years ago which makes it even stranger to remember - but there you have it.

Which made me think about our prompt for this week.

I'd like you to be inspired by "on this day in history".

I often look things up online for specific dates in the year and have used these special days as prompt for us in the past such as WM#119 - be inspired by civil rights but this week, let's just be general and look back on today or any of the other 364 days in the year.

There are a gazillion websites that offer a view to the past and here's a link for you to get you started. 

https://www.onthisday.com/day/september/23

To give you a few examples, if we look at just some of today's (many, many) special anniversaries....

  • 1122 - Concordat of Worms agreed between Pope Calixtus II and Holy Roman Emperor Henry V
  • 1459 - Battle of Blore Heath in Staffordshire, 1st major battle of the English Wars of the Roses
  • 1949 - Bruce Springsteen's birthday
  • 2018 - Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi launches "Modicare", free heathcare for 500 million, the world's biggest healthcare program
... I could interpret them in a variety of ways on my pages.
  • Worms happens to be the town in Germany where I spent many weekends over the past few years because my husband was based there for work. I've scrapped several pages about the town but this could be the week to pick another weekend memory for my album.
  • I studied a lot of history at school and in particular, we covered the Tudor/Elizabethan era in great detail which began as a result of the War of the Roses. Another school page perhaps?
  • My favourite Springsteen single is The River and it brings back so many memories of 1981 (when it was released in the UK) that I know I could make a page (or an album!) about my teenage music loves at that time.
  •  Last year, I had a minor medical procedure which was the first time I've needed to spend any time in a hospital - not bad at my age I think - and it reminded me of how grateful I am for our healthcare system. Perhaps worthy of a page?
So, take today's date and have a look to see if you can find inspiration from the past for a page today.

And because I hate to leave you without some sort of a photo, let's have a look at my photo library to see what I did on this day in the past and how that could inspire me to create this week!

I made this page on this day in 2015 which could inspire me to make another page about hanging out with my scrappy friend, Kathy!


Tea appeared in the UK on this day 361 years ago which was marked by Google on this day three years ago - so I'm told by Timehop which is another great way of seeing what you were up to on this day in your own history! But my tea drinking habit could be a good capture this week.


I was home in the UK five years ago for my sister's special birthday and as always, got to hang out with my cool nephew and nieces. Who doesn't like a great reminder like this one that family is special. Definitely worthy of a page! 


And two years ago today, we were invited to dinner at friends. We are always thrilled to be invited because these evenings are always so much fun, they are such lovely people and the food is so innovative and delicious. A friendship not yet captured - this might be the week.



Whichever way you decide to go, I really hope you'll share. It would be great to see what you make.  You can connect with us in our Facebook group here. Tag your entry with #WMXX so we know exactly which inspiration you've taken.


Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...