Monday 2 September 2019

Challenge #328 - week of 2nd September 2019

I promised you I'd be back today and courtesy of prescheduling, I'm happy to be able to keep that promise!

I'm actually sitting here in the middle of August writing up a bunch of posts so that I can get ahead of the game and hopefully keep up. Wish me luck and feel free to give me any time management tips you might have - ha ha!

Therefore, yet another reboot of Whimsical Musings and I am raring to go with some new inspiration and I hope you'll join me!

So, shall we start?

It's the beginning of the school year in the UK around now and it takes me very much back in time. I remember that nervousness of getting ready for going back - new supplies, new timetables, fresh uniforms, new subjects, the beginning of autumn. Only that last item on the list made me happy - I didn't enjoy school very much but that's another story!

Which gives me the prompt for this week - be inspired by back to school.

I've made several layouts about school over the years so here are just a couple of examples of different approaches for topics and photo choices. The first one features a photo taken just a few years ago but which tells the story of a teacher I had over 30 years ago. And the second uses an original school photo and one of just a couple featuring the uniform I decided to journal about.



Let's have a think about some other ways you could take this prompt:

  • you could take a literal approach for the start of the school year for yourself, your children or any child whose story you're recording
  • you could recall the memories around the preparations for school - how about your love for school stationery supplies?
  • what about scrapbooking supplies that feature school motifs 
  • perhaps you've gone back to further education later in life - this might be the time to record that story
  • I'm also thinking about any type of learning - a new skill, a class, something just for fun - could also be included here
  • there's even the idea that you could go back to a scrapbook class that you've left unfinished and continue with the lessons, making a page with your new design/technique skills
I feel like getting back to Whimsical Musings and blogging on a more regular schedule is some sort of "back to school" so this feels so appropriate for us this week. I hope you feel this is a good way to kickstart our reboot and will join in!

Whichever way you decide to go, I really hope you'll share. It would be great to see what you make.  You can connect with us in our Facebook group here. Tag your entry with #WMXX so we know exactly which inspiration you've taken.


Have a great day everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Done! ECSTATIC that you have been able to carve out time for my favorite inspiration spot! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fabulous! So happy to see you here again and I REALLY appreciate your support and appreciation!

      Delete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...