Wednesday 15 May 2019

Challenge #327 - week of 13th May 2019

A little late but not too late I hope.

I was out and about on Saturday in a city I've not been to before. And it was wet! Really wet. It rained so heavily that I can't say that Stuttgart showed itself in its best colours! But we'd already been around a rather lovely palace with a water feature or two, and dived in and out of the rain to take in a few sights in town before heading to the arena to see Elton John on his "Farewell Yellow Brick Road" final world tour. By the time we drove back, I was relieved that it was dry again. When I got home, the first task I needed to do was water the plants on the balcony as one or two of them were looking rather droopy and sorry for themselves! And even though it's dry and sunny at the moment, there's a lot of talk of weather round here. People are aching for summer but it's been way too dry over the last 12 months or so and there's concern that there's not nearly enough ground water for the time of year, and farmers are worried.

That's a whole lot of the wet stuff and so this week, I'd like you to be inspired by water!


I think you could take this prompt in almost any direction you like but here's a few ideas if you are truly stuck:

  • rainy days; shower-filled springtime; long, hot, dry summers with no rain at all; ice-covered plants, gardens or streets; snow days; sleet, snow or hail  - weather has all sorts water themes whether it's in its native form or frozen!
  • your garden is often filled with water with ponds, bird baths, water features, paddling pools or even swimming pools not to mention the daily task of watering the garden when it's dry to keep your plants happy
  • water is an important part of housework, personal cleanliness or cooking
  • water often features in an impressive way on holidays be it tropical oceans, sparkling swimming pools or natural waterfalls
  • our scrappy supplies can be found in shades of blue while photo realistic patterns feature beach views or sky views
  • beads and sequins can represent raindrops or mists can be used to create splashes across your page.

Here are a few pages I've made related to water 

The white cliffs of Dover spotted across the English Channel from the ferry - an iconic view

A volcanic lake in the Philippines

A swimming pool themed layout featuring water photo-realistic paper 

A rainy day in London - this photo was gifted to me for this page and I love the rain drops and the misty view across the river


I think that these ideas could be some good jumping off points this week and I'm interested to see where you go!


Wherever that is, I really hope you'll share. It would be great to see what you make.  You can connect with us in our Facebook group here. Tag your entry with #WMXX so we know exactly which inspiration you've taken.

Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...