Sunday 4 March 2012

#28 - inspired by longing

It was a lot of fun last weekend to identify what I was longing for and to find photos to represent those for this week's challenge.

I know that there are many things on my list right now and I identified a whole pile of my own photographs for possible layouts. I guess I should write them all down or put these photos to one side for future layouts. Do you do this too? How do you make sure you don't miss out on layout ideas that come while you are in the middle of another one?

Just to give you an insight, there were holiday photos from our last holiday (a VERY long time ago), close ups of cocktails on the balcony from my personal cocktail mixer :-), smiley nephew and niece faces to remind me that I miss them and a close up of my mum's last boxer dog's ear which is the part that I just cannot ever resist. And these were just the first few ideas that came to mind.

In the end, I went with something simple that means a lot to me at the moment. And I decided to give you a sneak peek into my March Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit by using it right after having made it up.

I knew I wanted to write quite a lot but I also wanted to keep it a bit private so another of my current faves made an appearance: a vellum envelope. It keeps it visible but private. I filled it with the heart punch outs too which looks so cute. I made up my own chevron elements by cutting up the striped papers I've deliberately included in my kit for this purpose. I am loving the yellow with soft blue and grey. So pretty.


I think I'm still on the green kick from last week too - the woodgrain here behind the vellum tag is the packaging from the SC wooden butterflies! 





I'm looking forward to seeing what Pam is yearning for and hope to see some of you join in too - link up your creations over in the Flickr gallery with the tag WM#28.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...