Sunday 18 March 2012

#30 - inspired by geometrics

This week I asked you to consider using the current trend of using geometric shapes.

Hexagons, diamonds, diagonals etc can be seen everywhere right now and while I've jumped on the chevron bandwagon, I was interested to see how I'd get on with one or two of the other shapes.

As I mentioned, my shape of choice in my patchworking days was the trusty hexagon so this was my first choice. I had a clear picture in my mind of how I wanted my layout to look like, which doesn't happen so often.

Then I thought that I'd never pull off the patchwork look I wanted to replicate and wondered if I should try something different. Something a bit more daring perhaps. I let my mind mull over this all week and in the end went with my original idea and I'm so pleased I did!

I had a vision of the white on white stitching and then was a little unsure about whether to mist the inside space or to use paper and decided on paper. I'd just made a super pretty and pink minibook for my niece so I picked up the scraps from that and went with the same super pretty, pink look for this layout. The white on white of the stitching was the perfect background for it.

I don't normally make the time to do stitching which is quite funny seeing as though my layouts take hours, but it never takes as much time as I anticipate. Even though this design was a bit more time and effort intensive than usual, I am so happy that I did it and the layout really has turned out almost exactly what I'd had in mind at the very beginning.




Pam should be here soon to share this week's creation with us and then don't forget to tune in again tomorrow to see what she has in store for us with the new prompt.

Have a great start to the week :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...