Monday 3 September 2012

#54 Inspired by sewing

Well, you all should know by now that I LOVE sewing on my layouts. Most times I am too lazy to do it, but whenever I do I end up loving my pages.

So I save this technique for special pages.

This week I turned to Studio Calico's Design Team gallery for some inspiration. If you are not familiar with the work of {Kinsey Wilson} and {Sasha Farina}, I recommend you take a look. They take sewing to a whole other level. 

you love ice cream


for this layout, I used {this} layout from Kinsey as my inspiration. I drew the loops on cardstock from my discard pile and cut out the inside of the loops to make the template for my real patterned papers. Once I pieced all my papers together, I poked holes with my paper piercer and used some embroidery thread to outline the shapes.

I also used sewing on my title with some baker's twine...

and a little detail of blanket stitching

I added a few details in red once I chose my photos, to balance out the red that is peeking through in the photos.Overall this page took me longer to create than I usually take, but it is certainly worth it. It just makes me smile to look at it.

sew fast sew easy

i didn't use a sketch or an inspiration piece for this one. I just laid down some papers I really like.

 I stitched on my title and I added a few sewing related embellishments to reinforce the theme, such as the felt sticker from Amy Tangerine.


 I also added a clothes hanger clip from Amy Tangerine, a scrap of fabric, some buttons and the tape measure washi. It was a story I had been meaning to tell but hadn't found the time or photos. This challenge pushed me to get it done. 

Hope you had a chance to play this week.

xo,
Pamage



1 comment:

  1. I am really loving that first layout, I just might have to scraplift your scraplift! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...