Monday 24 October 2011

#10 Inspired by Fall

Lisa's challenge was to be inspired by fall... except right up until this year I wasn't really crazy about fall. So I decided to take her prompt seriously and ponder on the things I do like about fall and came up with this layout.


I just made a list of all the things I love, of course an off-numbered list. I also challenged myself beyond the theme to  honor Lisa - and include a "cluster" or my version of one. I was inspired by the look of leaves collecting almost everywhere around here.



I hand-cut some leaves from fabric scraps and felt. Then I added a few buttons and presto.


But you know me, I need my white space. I chose this Amy Tangerine paper for the background because it reminded me of fall, but every time I use a patterned paper background I feel overwhelmed. So I misted some white to try and recover some of the balance. The final result, with the leaves peeking through actually worked out quite well.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you guys can find ways to be inspired by fall.

xo,
Pamage

3 comments:

  1. so much to say about this gorgeous layout. I don't have time right now so I'll come back to you later today. I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I'm back but there is just so much to love about this layout, I don't really know where to start.

    That banner??? Gorgeous. And the cluster along the middle??? Stunning. The buttons are the most perfect colours and the fabrics making up the leaves are just perfect - I have to try that.

    The background paper is so lovely (have to get some for myself) and the misting is perfect.

    I adore the photos and the block you've made (are they 6x3?) and the journalling is so perfect. I think I agree with you on most of them. (Ok, maybe not the NYC thing but you know *wink*)

    And it makes me über-happy to see that you have learned to love Fall. That makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw this over on LOAD I didn't realize that was misting - thought it was just a bad photo, lol. Even with the patterned paper it DID read "white space" - very creative solution :~)

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...