Monday 6 May 2019

Challenge #326 - week of 6th May 2019

:-(

I got caught up with other stuff - which does include some creating which I can share with you in the next day or so - and I neglected this corner of the web.

But, here I am again and I guess I should just keep going!

As I write this, the news has just come out that Prince Harry and Meghan have had a boy! So I looked through previous prompts to see what we've done to date that match this event.

Well, we have had babies themselves (WM#64 - babies), little girls (WM#44 - thank heavens for little girls), brothers and sisters (WM#225 - siblings), more babies (WM#282 - new life) and even this one about Princes (WM#11- You have to kiss a lot of frogs in order to find your Prince)!

You know that I want to find a new angle for this because I like to take topical events with a spin. We've had little girls and therefore, why don't we go with:

Be inspired by little boys.

I think that even though you can just go with scrapping about a baby boy in your life, I really think you could also consider some other approaches:

  • of course, you could take the baby approach regardless of it it's a boy or a boy
  • you could think about pets or animals if you don't have a human baby in your life
  • baby paper collections could be the way you take the prompt whether or not you make a page about a baby
  • older boys or young or even mature men can sometimes act like little boys so there might be a funny story or two to record here
  • have you personified something in your life (e.g. a car) with a boy persona? 
  • contrast boys and girls in your life
  • ask your husband, brother or son for a story from their childhood and record it in their own words
I think that's quite a nice list of possible alternatives from the straightforward little boys in your life so I really hope that you can find a way to be inspired this week.

And because I like to have an image in every post and if possible, a layout or two, here are a few layouts I've made recently for some little boys in my life.


My youngest nephew



My oldest nephew (actually, I've only got two - ha ha!)


And my baby, baby brother who will always be a bit of a little boy to me!


I think that these ideas could be some good jumping off points this week and I'm interested to see where you go!


Wherever that is, I really hope you'll share. It would be great to see what you make.  You can connect with us in our Facebook group here. Tag your entry with #WMXX so we know exactly which inspiration you've taken.

Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...