Wednesday 8 May 2019

#321 - be inspired by Karl Lagerfeld

This is another layout that I was inspired to make due to a Simple Scrapper Story Starter™ prompt on the topic of "Language" and one that I've been meaning to make for some time - for many years in fact.

Yes, I was really (and I mean really) sad to hear that Kaiser Karl had died but I was also grateful that I'd had the chance to understand him here in Germany in his own language. He had a very specific way of talking - in French, English or German - but hearing him and understanding him in his mother tongue was a bonus of learning the language that I'd not foreseen. And it made me very happy. 

I'd been a fan of Karl since the 80s and learning more about him during my time here has been something that I have really relished. Living in another culture and learning this language that is so difficult has been a challenge over the years but I wanted to record this realisation that had occurred to me several years ago but had not recorded up to now.

I used my Counterfeit Kit Challenge January 2019 kit "Sigh", (lo #6) due to the soft colours that I thought would work really well for everything that reminds me of Chanel. I picked out whites, blacks, greys, soft pinks and blues making sure I had a splash of red too. I used a sketch from the Simple Scrapper premium membership and was happy to try this layered waterfall effect. It was a lot of fun and I love how it turned out. Simple and what I hope is elegant.





A story I've been meaning to tell for such a long time, down on paper at last. That gives me such a sense of achievement.

What's a story you've been wanting to record? Why not check out my list of previous prompts to find one that works for you and get it told. You'll feel so good when it's done. This is something I'm learning from the very inspirational Susan who is focusing on untold stories this year and I love it so much. Looking through my albums, I know that is what I want to do more of. Watch this space.

As always, I love it when you share too and if you've been inspired to create, don't forget that you can add your own creations to our Facebook group here. Please don't be shy! Tag your entry with #WMXX so we know exactly which inspiration you've taken. 

Or simply tell us in the comments where to find you... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...