Tuesday 7 May 2019

#325 - be inspired by a blue-toned necklace

Yes! I made a layout. I know I should do more but somehow the days slip through my fingers and weeks go by before I'm forced into making a layout due to another scrappy assignment. This is exactly such a layout.

The Counterfeit Kit Challenge prompt #2 called for us to use something hidden and I went with some hidden symbolism on this page which features the necklace in question. 

I even used the photo I had actually featured in the WM#325 prompt.


The symbols include using yellow (gold) and blue, which are the colours in Alaska's flag, with ink, thread and the alphabet; the name of the layout itself which is the flower featured in the necklace and is also the state flower for Alaska; a hidden-in-plain-sight vellum cut out (can you tell what it is!?); and also the design from the Alaska flag (can you find it?)



I also had a lot of fun cutting up the necklace - which was already broken beyond repair :-( - and finding ways to include the beads and flowers on the layout itself. The flower at the bottom, next to the title is actually loose and moves around because I attached it just though the loop, and I love that little detail.


The layout also uses my Counterfeit Kit Challenge April kit, Balconia #2

I'm so happy I was encouraged to make this layout by the prompt both here and the Counterfeit Kit Challenge. I was pretty sad that my necklace had broken but now I have a record of it for ever!

As always, I love it when you share too and if you've been inspired to create, don't forget that you can add your own creations to our Facebook group here. Please don't be shy! Tag your entry with #WMXX so we know exactly which inspiration you've taken. 

Or simply tell us in the comments where to find you... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...