Tuesday 23 October 2018

#301 - be inspired by something you just had to have

A few prompts ago, I asked you to be inspired by products you just had to have (WM#301) and presented my "must have" collection - Dream Big by Simple Stories. I don't really know why I felt the need to pick it all up but it's really true that I just had to have it!

Now that it was in my possession, what was I going to do with it? I don't make cutesy layouts after all, so it doesn't really fit my type of scrapbooking. Mmmm - the WM prompt was really designed as a push for me to find a way.


There are many gorgeous patterns which are fairly standard - stripes, spots, hearts and florals so I felt sure I could work these elements more than the unicorns, rainbows, tiki dancer or mercats!

Next up came a prompt for a sample page for LOAD1018 where I was asked to be inspired by My Fair Lady - or influential figures in my life.

That was easy - it would have to be my grandad who I've written about many times before. So this time, I decided to write this story from a different perspective. That of the fundamental feeling he gave me overall. He never sat me down and imported grains of wisdom or had inspirational quotes that have been passed down the generations. He simply made me feel as if anything was possible. He was quietly supportive and there for me if I needed advice - practical advice. We were totally different but also, very similar and we all still miss him - even though he died almost 30 years ago.

I found a photo I hadn't used before of "his" bench - commissioned by my mum in his memory -  and used this bright, happy collection to keep the feel of the page positive and optimistic. I didn't want to feel sad looking at this page and the cutesy collection proved perfect! I picked out elements carefully and I'm not sure that you'd ever know that other papers were covered by unicorns and girly motifs!

Lots of layers, stitching and messy thread along with splats and sprinkles give the page dimension and texture.








As always, I love it when you share too and if you've been inspired to create, don't forget that you can add your own creations to our Facebook group here. Please don't be shy! Tag your entry with #WMXX so we know exactly which inspiration you've taken. 

Or simply tell us in the comments where to find you... :-)


1 comment:

  1. I really adore this layout - you were spot on that the bright & happy paper collection would set the right tone. Love the memorial bench & the affirmation in his love for you. I can only hope that I'll be remembered that way!

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...