Thursday 25 October 2018

#303 - be inspired by stained glass windows

I was really looking forward to Scrap Happy's LOAD1018 - I love the community, the inspiration and the push to create every day. I had high goals and even though I knew I wouldn't manage a complete month (at least, it was unlikely), I did expect to make a bunch.

As I write this, it's the middle of the month and I've completed a grand total of ONE. Not exactly a "bunch"!

But as my understanding and motivational girls told me over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge team a day or two ago, one is better than none!

I know, I know! But a little disappointing all the same.

However, it does mean that I made this layout which matched WM#303 - be inspired by stained glass windows about an event that happened really recently. A gorgeous local country Schloss that we finally got to visit last month after two and a half years of wanting to.



I've been using a lot more patterned paper as backgrounds to my layouts recently so I've needed to come up with new ideas for embellishments and journalling. I kept the former to a minimum here because I wanted to use so many photos (so many from the day that I couldn't fit in!) and fell back on journalling on white card cut into strips - the original inspiration in fact for prompt WM#306 - be inspired by strip journalling which helps it to stand out against the full, floral background.

Some stitching adds texture and dimension without being too busy.





As always, I love it when you share too and if you've been inspired to create, don't forget that you can add your own creations to our Facebook group here. Please don't be shy! Tag your entry with #WMXX so we know exactly which inspiration you've taken. 

Or simply tell us in the comments where to find you... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...