Monday 15 October 2018

Challenge #307 - week of 15th October 2018

I looked up what happened in the world on this day just a few moments ago and it's driven my decision for our prompt today. Do you ever do that? Apparently, the first ballet "Ballet Comique de la Reine" was staged in Paris in 1581, Napoleon was exiled to St Helena in 1815 and the first episode of "I Love Lucy" was aired in 1951. I can actually think of prompts for all three of these events - can you?

However, today I'd like you to be inspired by peace.

In 1993, Nelson Mandela and F W de Klerk, President of South Africa, were awarded the Nobel Peace Prize and I think that's definitely something to celebrate.

Were you watching when Mandela was released from prison? Maybe you remember him presenting the Rugby World Cup to the South African team captain in 1995? Or what about Mandela dancing with the Queen at a concert in his honour at the Royal Albert Hall?

Anyway, you don't need to use anything to do with Mandela on your layout but I think that "peace" is a very wide and thought invoking prompt for us this week.

What is peace for you? Time alone or time full of family noise? How do you find peace in the every day. For you ladies over there in the US, perhaps you have a Peace Corps story to tell this week - either your own or a family member. Or maybe you want to take a more philosophical approach and take the subject in its widest context. Of course, you could also interpret it as a peaceful design for your layout - lots of white space, simple products, a grid perhaps. And I happen to know that Paige Evans recently released one of her famous die cutting templates in the original peace sign design - I've seen it in the Silhouette store but I believe you can get it for other die cutting machines.

I love getting cosy in bed and this is where I find peace in my day to day!

I think there's a lot of scope for taking this prompt in different directions so why not give it a go? And who knows, one of those other "on this day" events might just appear this time next year!

And if you are inspired, I hope that you'll share. You can do that in our Facebook group here. Tag your entry with #WMXX so we know exactly which inspiration you've taken. 

1 comment:

  1. And I just did my Shalom (peace) OLW page! Actually this gives me chance to expand on it. Much to say 😊

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...