Monday 27 August 2018

Challenge #301 - week of 27th August 2018

It's hard to believe we're coming to the end of August now and after the many many weeks of hot, summery weather, I'm happy that it's cooling down and we even have rain this morning. Everything feels fresh again and I have renewed energy - let's see if I can use that for getting through chores and even some creativity!

Last week, I was busy showing my mum around a part of Germany that she hasn't been to before and therefore missed my WM meet up here on the blog but I'm back again with a prompt close to my heart!

This week, I'd like you to be inspired by supplies that you just HAD to have!

As you know, I'm lucky enough to have a LSS in the form of Scrapabilly just a short drive away. We have a crop there most Thursday evenings which is wonderful for my creativity and crafty friendships but not so good for my ability to resist a little scrapbook supply therapy from time to time!

Sometimes it's just a piece of paper or two. Sometimes it's something important like adhesive or cardstock and sometimes - and you know what's coming! - it's just something I HAVE to have! And sometimes that means that I might take something home that is out of my usual scrapbook repertoire.

These days, I like to think that I pick my supplies carefully so that I know that I will use what I buy. In the early days I bought a lot that caught my eye but never used it and these items have since been donated to schools, friends and my niece! I know what I like, I know what I will use and I know what type of things are gorgeous or sweet but not really "for me". I'm not a cutesy scrapbooker and tend to be attracted to more graphic or floral designs. In some collections, I will just pick up one or two sheets of paper having learnt my lesson over the years.

So when I saw the "Dream Big" collection by Simple Stories, I knew it wasn't for me. I picked up the puffy stickers to take home with me and thought that was it! But the others in the group had the die cuts or various sheets of paper in their hands and I commented at how lovely these were. So of course, I had to go and have a closer look. Tikki girls in grass skirts, mercats, unicorns, cupcakes, rainbows... lovely but not really my style. Yes there were stars, stripes and florals which I loved and words that were fun as well as hearts and super sweet mini stickers that would be great for cards.


And then the whole collection was in my hand and suddenly, it all belonged to me. I just couldn't bear not to bring it with me! I needed it all. And I have no idea how I'll use it. Which is where today's prompt comes in.

Your own "must have" supplies might be like mine - something out of character - or they might be just sooooo special that you've been afraid to make the first cut. Maybe it's something that you can't get anymore or just something that you saw and resistance was futile! Whatever type of products you have that fit into this category, fish them out and try to make something with them this week - you know you'll be glad when you do because you'll have a page made with products you love. How could that not be a win-win?


I hope you can find somewhere to take this this week and that you'll share! You can do that in our Facebook group here. Tag your entry with #WMXX so we know exactly which inspiration you've taken. 

Or simply tell us in the comments where to find you... :-)

1 comment:

  1. You made me LOL! Too funny...
    I think it's all just perfect for a mini of your adorable nieces.
    Does all of my hoarded Basic Grey stash count?!? :D

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...