Sunday 3 February 2013

#75 inspired by the use of envelopes

I use envelopes from time to time on pages, but usually I use them to hide my journaling. I have never made them the focal point of my page, so this challenge had my wheels turning. I also wanted to do the layering on the samples some justice so I knew I had my work cut out for me.

I knew just the envelope for this. My December Daily kit from Kelly Purkey came with a large (6.5x6.5 I think) vellum with glitter envelope.

For my design I went with funky triangles which is a trend I have been spotting. I used a bunch of bright scraps with a few added craft papers. I stuffed my envelope to overflowing with memorabilia and threw in a bunch of confetti for good measure. 



Then, of course, came the layering of the front of the envelope. I wanted to do something dimensional and full of textures but in the end I just used a few die cuts in the right colors and scattered a few buttons and called it good. Overall I like how it turned out.

there wasn't enough room for a title or more photos so I made it a double spread. You can see additional images of the two pages together by visiting the gallery. Really curious to see how you used envelopes this week. Please remember to link us up in the gallery.

xo,
Pamage

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...