Tuesday 5 February 2013

Challenge #76 - week of February 4th, 2013

It is ironic that this prompt comes you a little late this week since the theme this week is all about instant. Yes, you guessed it - instant photos.

It probably isn't a secret to you by now that I absolutely love my {{instax mini}}. There is just something magical about getting photos developed immediately. Instant gratification. But I also love how the frame around the photo adds to the design. Below is a {small} sample of layouts I have completed with my mini photos (trust me there are more; I'm obsessed).

 

But my challenge this week isn't intended to make you run out and buy one of these for yourself or go green with camera envy. I want to bring this challenge to our world to show you other ways you can be inspired by this fun design element.

below are some examples of how I have used this idea of instant photos...

In this page I let the instant frame paper from dear lizzy guide my design and made my own polaroid frames with some craft cardstock.

Almost every one of us has one or two real life polaroids still kicking around in a dusty pile somewhere. 

And if you don't have an instant camera or older prints? Almost every photo editing software lets you add frames to the photos before printing them.

Not to mention that this trend is blowing up in the scrapbooking product market.





So, your challenge this week is to be inspired by instant photos. And with the many choices (stamps, die cuts, patterned papers, old polaroids, instax, printed photos with frame or handmade frames) you are certain to find some way to incorporate this fun trend.

I will challenge myself not to use my instant camera but rather find a new way to explore this inspiration.

Good luck and join us on the message board to discuss your ideas. We love chatting with you.

xo,
Pamage

1 comment:

  1. I have big plans for this root when I get home. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...