Hello my lovely ladies. Another Monday is here. Can you believe it?
This week we are going to talk about something that invades all our homes and takes up a lot of our time and that we all have in common... Can you guess what it is?
It's Social Media.
Although we are miles apart in different countries and speak different languages (well, we all speak English of course, but know other languages) we are all brought together by our love of scrapbooking, yes, but also through Social Media.
Whether you blog, tweet, Instagram, text, Facebook, upload to our flick'r gallery, make YouTube videos, pin your favorite recipes, or all of the above you are partaking in a whole new technology that didn't exist in as recent as my lifetime.
You can go in many directions with this and here are some suggestions:
- make a page about all the different sites you belong, follow or participate in
- make a list of bloggers you follow and feel like you know
- make a page celebrating people you only know online
- document your blog
- document "a day in the life" through social media, like: wake up and read blogs, photograph my outfit and load it to Instagram, check Facebook by lunch, tweet about the long day I've had, look up a Pinterest recipe to make dinner, make a scrapbook page and upload it to flick'r, then blog about it. or something like that
- talk about your dislikes, fears and feelings about this rising trend
- compare and contrast how we communicate and keep in touch with how your parents did or grandparents
Most of all, have fun. Enjoy. Make a page you love that tells a little more of your story. Don't limit yourself to my suggestions. Take this prompt and tell the story you need to tell. And after you are done, upload it to our flick'r gallery [wink] and tag it WM#45.
With all the choices out there for social interaction, we are glad you have made Whimsical Musings a part of your week. Have a great week and see you all next Sunday.