Monday 4 June 2012

Challenge #42 week of 4th June 2012

I'm writing this ahead of time and scheduling it as I will be a bit caught up at the weekend and the beginning of the week.

My mum is coming to visit for a few days as we have some serious celebrating to do. Can you guess what?

Perhaps this helps...


Ha ha! Perhaps you've heard that Queen Elizabeth II is celebrating her Diamond Jubilee. And if not, well she is!



And we will be celebrating in good British style with afternoon tea and much flag waving and wiping away of tears! This is a historic event in my lifetime and in fact, in the lifetime of generations to come and I intend to rejoice in the moment.


Now I know that most of you won't have a clue what I'm talking about but the longer I live away from my home country, the stronger my patriotic feelings are. And who can resist scones with lashings of cream and strawberry jam with a fine cup of tea or a glass of very British gin & tonic? Probably most of you I know, but I think you know what I mean!

So this week's challenge to you is to celebrate your own Jubilee on your pages. What anniversary do you want to remember and record? Where will you take this prompt?

I'd love to see in which direction this leads you so please share with us over on Flickr (here) with the tag WM#42!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...