Sunday 10 June 2012

#42 inspired by jubilees

Once again, my own prompt jinxed me!

I had a simply wonderful Diamond Jubilee celebration to honour the 60 years that Queen Elizabeth II has been our Queen full of red, white and blue, rousing songs, patriotic feelings and quite a few lumps in my throat. :-)

It was just what I had hoped for but when I came to look through my photos, I realised that they were not as good as I'd hoped. And then I got out my themed papers bought specially for exactly these pages and drew a blank.

I had all sorts of ideas in my head at first but faced with a blank piece of cardstock, they all evaporated into nowhere!

In the end, I've created something that's "ok" but that isn't anything like the layout I had in my mind. There's no detail at all on the page and just a few lines of journalling so there's quite a lot missing. Couldn't work out how to fit it all in.

I have several deeper ideas that I will try and attack when I have some time - thoughts about how it feels to be British; what I think, deep inside, about the Queen and the Royal Family; some more of the details of the day. Watch this space and I might share them when I get around to them.




I've already had a sneak at Pam's layout and it's gorgeous so do check out her blog post. You'll fall in love too. Don't forget to link up your creations in our Flickr gallery (here) with the tag WM#42. It's always a delight to see your creations.

And her new challenge will be up tomorrow, it's bound to be a good one!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lisa! I don't what you had in mind, but this page just sings "CELEBRATION!" The feeling it conveys is everything you talked about earlier about being SO excited for this Jubilee! It's really a fantastic page! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...