Monday 11 June 2012

#42 inspired by celebrations and Jubilee

Lisa challenged us to be inspired by celebrations this week. And to be honest, I was stumped. I have no ties to the Bristish Jubilee so that wasn't an option. And I was pleased to find that almost all other celebrations in my life had at leas been documented once. 

But I was determined to do this great challenge justice. So I just thought harder. And when the idea finally came, I was surprised it hadn't occurred to me before. Of course, there where the awful pictures from the disposable camera that had probably prevented me from scrapping this event... or the fact that it happened on not such a happy time in my life. But still, the pictures where there, the celebration had happened and the story needed telling.

and here is my layout

jubilee @ 15


to emphasize the celebration, I kept to pretty muted colors with splashes of coral and orange. What I did highlight were all the different textures: ruffles, stitching, doily. The page was just full of tiny little details I kept adding that reminded me of feeling like a princess and just pure girlishness. 
  of course, what jubilee layout would be complete without some glittery fun? this little strip of glitter tape somehow snuck it's way into this layout. 
 i added a little envelope just at the last minute to write some of the more personal thoughts about this day. 

and one of my favorite things for sure was using the sewing machine to add details to this page. although the thread was white, i feel it adds so much to the page.

I hope you were reminded of past celebrations or found new ones to document. There really is so much to rejoice about - we just have to look for it. And sometimes it comes in the form of some old, not-so-good pictures. I hope I am teaching by example that we must use those photos!

I will be back shortly with a new prompt. Thanks again for joining us on this inspiration adventure.

xo,
Pamage

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...