Monday 4 March 2019

Challenge #321 - week of 4th March 2019

Those of you who've followed here for some time will know that as far as celebrities go, my love of David Bowie goes a little beyond the "normal" from time to time. It's been three years and I'm still sad and I still miss him. In fact, I've realised that I've made so many layouts about my love for him and his music that he needs his own album! Yes, I'm that crazy.

Anyway, at the time of his death, I clearly remember telling people that I had three heroes in life - David Bowie, Karl Lagerfeld and the Queen. And you may or may not be aware of the fact that we lost the genius that is Kaiser Karl two weeks ago. And yes, that made me very sad. He was an incredible artist, an eccentric and someone I've been fascinated with almost all my life - since before he took over Chanel in 1983 in fact.

So, for this week, I thought about different ways of using our prompt to honour him in some way - a roundabout way perhaps. But then I thought that he is surely inspiration enough.

This week, I'd like you to be inspired by Karl Lagerfeld.

I was lucky enough to get to an exhibition of some of his work back in 2015 here in Bonn and was in heaven, creating this layout as a result.


I guess it's an inevitable part of getting older but it still hurts.

How could you take this prompt if you're not such a crazy fan as I am?

  • Again, life heroes, fascinating famous people who you've followed in your life, celebrity crushes - all are fair game for this.
  • He was known for only wearing black and white so maybe a B&W photo or a monochromatic layout could be perfect.
  • He was a workaholic - I'm sure we all know stories about workaholics (both in a good and a negative way) that could feature on our pages.
  • He lost a huge amount of weight some years ago so that he could fit into the slim fitting suits by designer Hedi Slimane - perhaps you have a weight or fitness story that fits into this category.
  • He was eccentric - personalities, family members, outrageous actions could all fit into this idea.
  • He designed incredible clothes for Chloe, his own label Karl Lagerfeld, Fendi and of course, Chanel all of which could drive your design this week through patterns, lines, colours or textures. 
  • He sketched incessantly - include drawings on your layout, your own or maybe one of those school drawings that are sitting in your children's memorabilia box.
  • He was infamous for his white ponytail which could inspire a hair story of your own - style or colour.

Wow, I think that's quite a list and I could have gone on and on.

I know that it's unlikely you are as much as a fan as I am and are probably sitting there wondering who this crazy woman is but I'm sure you can find some inspiration in my prompt this week if you take it as an open interpretation!

Whichever way you decide to go, I really hope you'll share. It would be great to see what you make.  You can connect with us in our Facebook group here. Tag your entry with #WMXX so we know exactly which inspiration you've taken.


Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...