Wednesday 13 March 2019

Challenge #322 - week of 11th March 2019

Hello hello!

A little late but still here. A lot of activity over in the #Calvinball2019 community - hosted by Scrap Happy this year after the closure of Get It Scrapped - means that several of you have completed one or two WM layouts - insert happy dance here! Go all of you!

I'm up to about 20 points which consists of a grand total of three layouts and that means I'm rather behind the others :-) WM friend Leslie for example is up to 247 at time of writing! Ha ha. But it's all good stuff and if you haven't checked it out yet, it's never too late to join in the fun! You can find out more info over at the Scrap Happy FB group here. Just jump right in - it's chaotic anyway so there's no way to not do it right!

But in the meantime, I'm back with some hope to get more scrapping done this week and a new prompt for this week.

I'd like you to be inspired by tassels.

Has this trend ever really gone away? I wonder. They seem to pop up from time to time and I love them. I mean, I really love them! If I get hold of a pack from a scrapbook manufacturer, I tend to use them up right away but I've also been noticing that they are appearing in other types of shop too.

Look at these luscious versions attached to the most gorgeous pouches in a local shop? I really need at least one if not all of these bags. Saving pennies!



Or maybe I should just treat myself to a single, luscious tassel to hang somewhere?


And I couldn't resist picking up these in a local home decor shop. I am totally using these for scrapping!


How about this colourful chipboard element on a page I made last year?


And last summer I picked up a pack of Crate Paper tassels that got put to use on pages immediately.



So, these are some ways you could use tassels on your pages:

  • product - think paper, chipboard, die cut or real twine or thread tassels such as these I've showcased above. I know that the Simple Scrapper line Mama Llama (was that the name of the collection?) has a full patterned paper with banners covered with tassels - so much fun.
  • make your own - you could definitely make your own and I've done that in the past too. I was surprised just how simple they were to make even if they were a bit fiddly. You can find my FOF post on my blog with mine here
  • travel stories - I think that tassels are an integral decoration that you might find on your travels. Do you have a photo from a journey where you can see tassels or something you brought home with you that you could base a page around.
  • clothes - many clothes have tassels on them so maybe you have a story about an item of clothing or a photo that features someone wearing something with tassels. How about combining clothes and travel with something like a belly dancer or traditional clothing from somewhere you've been. These are my favourite types of pages!
  • home decor - think Paris, luxurious hotels, soft furnishings, ski chalets or bedouin tents! They probably all feature a tassel or two!
I think that gives you some ideas of how you could take it literally as an embellishment on your page or a direction to take a story. Where will you go this week?


Wherever you go, I really hope you'll share. It would be great to see what you make.  You can connect with us in our Facebook group here. Tag your entry with #WMXX so we know exactly which inspiration you've taken.


Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...