Monday 18 March 2019

Challenge #323 - week of 18th March 2019

Half way through March and I hope spring is showing its face in your corner of the world. I think that winter is officially over round here which makes me a bit sad because we didn't have anything like a good, cold season! We did have a cold snap at one point and some snow but it didn't last long.

I love seasons and like it when each one "performs" to stereotype! Ha ha.

But it got me thinking about how many are already looking forward to, and even longing for, to summer. Which got my train of thought going and I came up with this week's prompt.

This week, I'd like you to be inspired by the Pantone Colour of the Year 2019 - Living Coral

Image Source: Pantone Colour of the Year page 

You can find out all about this Pantone colour on their site here including a super inspirational short video. Why not check it out and then get scrapping?

I've just noticed that the colour I use to highlight the prompt is pretty close to Living Coral and I wonder what else I have in my stash?

Yes! Just a few minutes looking through unearthed this handful of items in the same colour. They might be a little paler than Living Coral but I think they could be perfect for this prompt!


You could of course take this prompt a few different ways:

  • literally - find product that matches Living Coral and include it on your pages.
  • similar tones - you could look for similar colours in your stash or even in your photos to use today. 
  • stories - you could think about stories that include this colour - tropical holiday perhaps - or where colour was important.
  • coral - have you ever been to a coral reef and snorkelled or even dived? This could be the week to talk about this story or find those glorious underwater photos to include.
  • colour - we've had many prompts through the years related to colour but this is the way you could find inspiration this week in a more general way.
So, some ways to interpret the prompt this week and to include this glorious colour on your pages

Whichever way you decide to go, I really hope you'll share. It would be great to see what you make.  You can connect with us in our Facebook group here. Tag your entry with #WMXX so we know exactly which inspiration you've taken.



Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...