Friday 31 August 2018

#295 - be inspired by skylines

Of course when I created this prompt, I knew exactly which city skyline which was likely to feature on my page. And I'm sure it won't surprise you either.

It had to be New York from my most recently trip and it was wonderful to pick out two of my favourite views from this time around and bring them together on a page for the Simple Scrapper Creative Team. I used a sketch from the Simple Scrapper premium membership (find out more here) as well as a Story Starter from Simple Scrapper - Favourites.

I have a selection of supplies that I use for all my NYC layouts and I find myself adding bits and pieces to that kit as time goes on but the layouts all have a similar look to them which makes me happy - when I finally get around to filing away the hundreds of layouts I have sitting on my Kallax, that New York album will really have quite a few layouts in there. I've realised though that I need to get more organised with recording the stories I want to really capture rather than just doing random moments!

Anyway, here's my layout.


I got happy with the floral paper and spent half an hour or so fussy cutting a bunch of pretty florals and leaves to layer up. I love how all the elements look good together even though they are different collections.




Do you have a skyline to feature? It doesn't even have to be a city view - I have several ideas from my trips around Germany so I may revisit this prompt again when I have time and inspiration.

As always, I love it when you share too and if you've been inspired to create, don't forget that you can add your own creations to our Facebook group here. Please don't be shy! Tag your entry with #WMXX so we know exactly which inspiration you've taken. 

Or simply tell us in the comments where to find you... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...