Tuesday 17 July 2018

Challenge #296 - week of 16th July 2018

Just a day late as this Monday sort of snuck up and caught me out!

I looked back over my list to see what sort of topics we've had recently and I think it's time for something a little more random! I try to sneak these in from time to time because I know that for me, they can bring up some really interesting stories that I might not have thought about recording before.

This week I'd like you to be inspired by scent.

When I first came up with this prompt, I originally thought about the perfume that you wear every day, that scent that people associate with you - the Marilyn Chanel No5 type connection. And of course, this is what you might want to record. Or maybe you are someone who wears different perfumes at different times and always loves to try the latest releases.

I made this layout some time ago about my perfume of choice.


But of course, you might want to capture other scents that are reminiscent of certain people, times or locations. A story about someone's keen sense of smell or even a dog! I can think about a story relating to the biscuit smell that we all experienced when cuddling our beloved Boxer dog. It is said that smell can bring back memories more strongly than anything else so this might be a chance for you to go on your own smell safari around your home to see what stories come to mind!

I hope you can find somewhere to take this this week and that you'll share! You can do that in our Facebook group here. Tag your entry with #WMXX so we know exactly which inspiration you've taken. 

Or simply tell us in the comments where to find you... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...