Wednesday 1 June 2016

Challenge #213 - inspired by the selfie

Happy 1st June. I have scrappy plans this month due to the increased mojo I have after a month of LOAD! What about you?

Now back to the prompt: to be honest, I use a lot of selfies in my scrapping about myself - I'm usually the only one taking any photos of me - so this challenge wasn't so difficult for me.

And during LOAD516, I usually have the chance to make a few layouts that covered more than one prompt, challenge or commitment all at the same time and I'm pleased that I can share one or two of those here on the Whimsical Musings blog over the next few days.

First up is WM#213 - be inspired by the selfie.

At the beginning of April, I realised that I hadn't been taking and sharing many photos and that I was a little short of photos to use on my pages. I then decided that I would try to challenge myself to 30 days of selfies. I managed 25 out of 30 days and got very creative in interpreting the selfie on bad hair/face days!

This layout uses the Scrapabilly June kit which features Pink Paislee/Paige Evans Fancy Free collection. I knew that I wanted a whole spread of all the photos I'd taken for this self-imposed challenge but fitting 25 photos onto one layout meant that either the page would be completely filled up or I'd need to extend.

I decided to go for the 12x18 which I love so much which gave me space for some minimal embellishing and my Cameo cut title which seemed perfect.





There were several other pages featuring selfies during my LOAD516 month but let me just share these last two with you which both use my Counterfeit Kit Challenge kits.

Counterfeit Kit Challenge April 2016 kit, Bisou #2

Counterfeit Kit Challenge May 2016 kit, Sprinkle #7

I'll sort out some more pages to share soon. But I just wanted to prove that I really do make pages for my own challenges sometimes!

Don't forget that we love it when you share your own pages that have been inspired by a Whimsical Musings prompt. There's the Whimsical Musings Flickr group here or our own Whimsical Musings Facebook group here. Use the tag WM#XX so that we know which prompt inspired you!

6 comments:

  1. Three gorgeous pages Lisa! That last one, with all the colorful layers, the thread and your trademark gold, is especially amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet layouts Lisa :) the layering on the layouts is gorgeous something I'm still working on but I think that with seeing inspiration like yours it improves mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still haven't gotten to your LOAD gallery - a MUST DO on my list! I love your exuberance with layers & color & always your FAB photos <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa! So much to see and look at.. fab choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these pages and how each one got a bit more layering. That third is just extra fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely layouts. Great clustering on the last one.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...