Monday 7 September 2015

Challenge #183 week of 7th September 2015

Sometimes I like to look up if there is anything weird or wonderful being celebrated around the world at the moment that we could use as a prompt and I have to say, I came up with a good one today.

Wednesday 9th September is National Teddy Bear Day! Well, in the US anyway. I'm not sure if it's celebrated anywhere else but hey, it's good enough for me.

So this week, I'd like you to be inspired by teddy bears.

I found some information about this "special" day here and here but I don't think you really need any reason to celebrate those special toys in your collection. I love teddies and have quite a grouping - what's the collective noun for them? A cuddle of teddies perhaps? Some of my bear family, and many are not bears at all to be honest, are really quite old and some of them far younger but loved all the same.

Over the years, I've done one or two layouts and almost feel bound to redo both of these that I tracked down as I have so much more to say and a better layout design to make! But I will try not to and just find another soft companion in my life to say something about. In fact, having found that second layout in an album, and seeing how little I wrote, I may well just leave it out and get more journalling written up right now!


2012-10-04 LOAD1012 #4

I know you can find a way to scrap a page about a special teddy - whether it's your own, a family heirloom or your kids' favourites. One that is a constant travelling companion perhaps or even sadly, one that got lost (yes, I experienced that trauma as an adult). Go soft and cuddly today and record that special friend.

We would really love to see your creations over at our Whimsical Musings Flickr gallery here with the tag WM#183.

2 comments:

  1. Ooo! I didn't have one, but my girls each had a special stuffed friend, Claudie Doll & Carmichael... off to hunt up pics...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just uploaded my layout to Flickr. I'd pulled a number of photos of my daughter and her "Ted", intending to make a mini-book with them. I haven't made the time to do that yet but this prompt inspired me to at least make a page about how much she loved (loves?) him. Thanks for the gentle push to get this documented!

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...