Tuesday 22 September 2015

Challenge #185 week of 21st September 2015

I was looking through a very old album recently - the giant 12x12 set of pages I created for our Nova Scotia holiday back in 2006. The style is pretty dated and of course, I'd do it totally differently today but I love it all the same - there are beautiful photos, heartfelt journalling and so many memories locked in those pages.

It was interesting to see how I'd included some of the memorabilia of the holiday as design techniques and was reminded of this when I pinned this beautiful card below by Julia Stainton for MFT.


Looks to me like some things haven't gone out of style in all those years so this week, I'd like you to be inspired by shaker-box elements.

Here's that original home-made element! Basic but I was so proud of achieving this! Remember that I made this a long time ago!


While not strictly, shaker-boxes, these could also be interpreted as a shaker-style element. 




And I know that I have a little clear pocket element filled with shaker-bits and pieces on a layout but can I find it? Of course not! If I come across it, I'll add it in!

Anyway, if you are inspired to create this week, please don't forget to link up your project in our Whimsical Musings Flickr gallery with the tag WM#185. We'd love to see what you make!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...