Thursday, 16 May 2013

#83 inspired by big cities

I promised to try and catch up with some of the prompts I've missed recently and LOAD combined with Counterfeit Kit Challenge is perfect for that.

I loved the prompt WM#83 - to be inspired by Big Cities. Right up my street (excuse the pun!)

We have lots of big city experiences even if we don't live in one any more. I could have made a dozen pages with all different aspects of our big city adventures but I chose to concentrate on our 48 hours in Singapore last December.

I knew I wanted to use my February Urban kit and the papers and colours were perfect for a little contrast between time in the middle of nowhere and in the middle of everything!

February Counterfeit Kit, Urban #7



And then I piled up a whole lot of product from my May Excursion kit to try out a new style that I've been seeing around recently. I was unsure what the layout would be until I realised how busy it had become and the few additions I added from my stash happened to be some travel based items. And then the simple, single photo of Singapore came to mind.

May Excursion kit #8



I'm so enjoying going back in time and finishing off some older prompts.

There is so much inspiration on our site that I hope you enjoy checking what challenges we've posted over the last (nearly) two years. Make sure you share your creations over at our Flickr gallery - we can't wait to see. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Love all the little itsy bits on your layouts. Great pages :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scattered pieces on these layouts are GORGEOUS!!!! Love the design of these pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layouts!! Love all the embellishments you've added, they are just the right touch! Love the layering on both layouts!!

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...