Tuesday 22 October 2019

Challenge #335 - week of 21st October 2019

Trying to mix things up and keeping it short and sweet today seeing as though this is a day late (need to get back to the prescheduling!), I'm taking my inspiration from something I posted over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge FB community last week. I asked everyone how much paper they had in their stash collection.

It would appear that we all have "more than enough" - whatever that means!

Therefore, this week I'd like you to be inspired by paper.

By this I'm thinking more along the lines of just paper in general. In the past we've had other paper based prompts - WM#74 - bold paper; WM#157 - photo realistic papers; WM#215 - tissue paper; WM#283 - oriental paper - but let's just try to pick some paper that we love and use it!
  • layer, distress, sew, weave, die-cut, ink, tear, block, fussy cut, 
  • use your favourite and showcase it as much as you can
  • try to find a way to use and love a paper that's not such a favourite
  • use more - or less - than you usually would
  • go to a beloved sheet of hoarded treasured paper that's sitting, collecting dust
  • cut into a sheet that you just bought a short time ago
  • challenge yourself to using more layers than you normally would
  • challenge yourself to using a single sheet with a large design

Layered

Fussy cut

Distressed

Inked and stitched

Cut to form a background

Backed

Punched

I am a paper lover and even though I know that I have more that I need and could really do with more embellishments and alphas, a beautiful sheet of paper can win my heart every time 💗.


But I do use a lot. I like to cut up a whole bunch of pieces and then layer them up to get the full range of texture and pattern. This is good for using up my supplies and makes me happy. So I might need to go a different direction this week - let's see!

Whichever way you decide to go, I really hope you'll share. It would be great to see what you make.  You can connect with us in our Facebook group here. Tag your entry with #WMXX so we know exactly which inspiration you've taken.


Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...