Monday 14 October 2019

Challenge #334 - week of 14th October 2019

I'm back from a wonderful few days in the beautiful Speyside area of Scotland and full of happy memories of a fantastic trip.

More of that another time maybe as I think I might have one or two more inspiration prompts for us all from that short break.

However, while I was there I made sure to pick up a few mementos along the way. Yes, of course the typical scrapbooking classics such as receipts, business cards, leaflets and maps but also some small items from nature.

I have a few jars here in my room filled with collected treasures from my time in Nova Scotia and the Philippines (I'm pretty bad at remembering to pick up these items from other trips!) and planned to do the same for Scotland.


I managed to remember a few times and have the following small section of nature bits and pieces for a similar jar found in a few different places - Sandend Beach, the shore of Loch Ness at Urquhart Castle, a walk to the waterfall at the Aberlour distillery, the path to Slains Castle (thought to have provided inspiration for Bram Stoker when he was writing Dracular). It doesn't really matter to me which items I collected from each location - they represent the whole trip and when they are all dried out, I'll pick up a new jar from Ikea and pop them in. Maybe I should label them too.


Anyway, all of this brings me to today's prompt. I'd like you to be inspired by found nature treasures.

 

  • maybe it's time to break out your favourite autumn scrapbook supplies to record a seasonal nature walk, your autumn decorations or some "treasure" that's been found for you by a little one!
  • record a seasonal walk or trip
  • highlight your favourite signs in nature that the seasons are changing
  • talk about your favourite decorations at the turn of the season
  • perhaps you set up a nature display for your children or have memories of doing this yourself that you'd like to capture
  • you could make a flat lay photo like I have of your nature treasures and then sue that shot for your page
  • be inspired by the textures, colours or shapes of nature items

Whichever way you decide to go, I really hope you'll share. It would be great to see what you make.  You can connect with us in our Facebook group here. Tag your entry with #WMXXX (with the number of the prompt instead of the XXX) so we know exactly which inspiration you've taken.


Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...