Monday 25 February 2019

Challenge #320 - week of 25th February 2019

As you know, I'm part of the Counterfeit Kit Challenge (find us on the blog here or join our online community over on FB here).

Master Forger Julene organised our February inspiration kit and challenges and the kit she selected was actually a full collection - Anthology by Kaisercraft - which featured a whole bunch of butterflies. You can find all the details of the kit I made on my blog here and you can see that I tracked down quite a few in my stash.

It would seem that butterflies never really go out of fashion and this is our inspiration this week.

Be inspired by butterflies.

My first thought for this prompt is to concentrate on butterflies in your stash but you might also like to take your project in the following directions:

  • product - I'm sure you've also got a bunch of butterflies on your patterned paper, in die-cut packs, as wooden veneer, or even as single embellishments. Do you have any older stash from the days of Jenni Bowlin who featured butterflies on many of her gorgeous designs. Yes, those items you've been hoarding?!? This week might be the right time to honour them!
  • punches - I've got three or four punches for butterflies and they can be easily punched and used in large numbers on pages. 
  • stamps - I also have a treasured set of Martha Stewart stamps that feature about half a dozen beautiful designs. I've used them as stamps or even as tone on tone embossed images - in fact this technique was featured on a layout I made with my Counterfeit Kit back in September 2011 when I was asked to be GD. I've included that page below.
  • story - maybe you have a butterfly story to include on your page this week. A visit to a butterfly park, the butterfly visited buddleia in your garden or just a love of these little creatures fluttering around in nature.
  • metaphor - you might have a little free spirit in your family that you often compare to a butterfly. This might be the time to record a story about them.
  • colour or design - you could think about taking the colour scheme from one of your favourites or consider the idea of the symmetry that those pretty wings offer.






So as you can see, there's more than one way to take this stash inspired prompt this week-

Whichever way you decide to go, I really hope you'll share. It would be great to see what you make.  You can connect with us in our Facebook group here. Tag your entry with #WMXX so we know exactly which inspiration you've taken.


Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...