Wednesday 13 February 2019

Challenge #318 - week of 11th February 2019

It's Valentine's Day week and I'd love to find a way to inspire you with everything hearts and romance this week without actually using the name "Valentine's Day"! I know, I know, it's a bit strange but we haven't done it so far and I want to challenge myself!

Let's see what we can do....

You all know that I have a "thing" for stars and constellations and night skies and I was so delighted to find this totally gorgeous Valentine's Day card when I was in the UK last week...

I could almost feel my heart do a flip when I saw it with all the laser cutting, stars, hearts and sprinkles and even though it was ridiculously expensive, it had to come home with me.


So... this week, I'd like you to be inspired by "I love you to the moon and back"

This has become a much used phrase in recent years - although the original phrase we repeat to each other is "to infinity, beyond and back again" - and I've included it on several of my pages when I purchased the Kesi 'Art Moonlight collection which I love and wish I could track down some more! I think you can see how versatile this phrase or even supplies can be.

I used it here on a layout about a special and rather untraditional Christmas Eve dinner in Prague...


and here on a page about my one and only...


and here on a New Year's Eve page...


and here to express my ongoing love for the still much-missed Bowie.

This layout uses a sketch from the March 2019 collection and a Story Starter® from the archives as part of the premium  Simple Scrapper membership, where I am on the Creative Team.

And then there are these two moon photo layouts - both using the same photo if I'm not mistaken - ha ha! But they have totally different subjects and won't be placed near each other in albums so I'm totally ok with that!

I hope I've since added journalling to this one or one of those tags is a pull out story card!

The pull out journalling here tells how I am very affected by the full moon and get positively grumpy and irrational at that time - it seems to run in the family 

Ways you could take this prompt today:
  • You could literally take the phrase and use it to refer to a loved one, a child, a friend, someone you miss or something you can't live without. This is where you could pull out all the romance lovey-dovey Valentine's Day related stuff - if that's where you want to go this week!
  • You could have a space inspired story - this year marks 50 years since man walked on the moon so that might be something in your family history to record on your page
  • Moon inspired products are very trendy right now so maybe you have some that could be cut into today.
  • Your story could involve a very very very long journey in one form or another.
  • Night skies, constellations, the Milky Way, solar or lunar eclipses, full moons and other Solar System stories and supplies would all be suitable for this week's prompt.
Maybe you don't love all things stars and moons as much as I do, but I hope you'll give this prompt a try. It would be great to see what you make.  You can connect with us in our Facebook group here. Tag your entry with #WMXX so we know exactly which inspiration you've taken.


Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...