Monday 12 November 2018

Challenge #311 - week of 12th November 2018

Yesterday, across parts of western Europe and the English speaking world, we remembered those fallen in times of war as part of Remembrance Day. This is commemorated every year on 11th November and at 11am, a two-minute silence is often signalled by The Last Post and a reading of a verse or two of poems written during WWI.


In 1918, "at the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month" the guns fell silent as part of the armistice which had been agreed and signed some 5 hours before, marking the end of World War I (1914-1918).

It's a big thing in Great Britain and this year was especially poignant as it marked the 100 years since that time. I wore my poppy with pride and had my own two-minute silence.

So, this week I'd like you to be inspired by "lest we forget".


This doesn't have to be a sad story or even anything to do with loss or remembrance as such. It could be a story that you've been meaning to tell, or something you want to make sure is recorded or something you just don't want to forget yourself. Of course, it can also be a more serious project if you have something you want to put down on paper. I'd just like you to be inspired by the idea of looking back and remembering. To be honest, the phrase "lest we forget" definitely sums up one of the reasons I scrapbook. I often say, "If I don't tell my story, who will?" And that's what it's all about for me. Stories that would otherwise get forgotten.

Take this prompt in any way you'd like today but I'd love to see some recorded stories.


I always hope you share your creations and of course, here's a reminder that you can connect with us in our Facebook group here. Tag your entry with #WMXX so we know exactly which inspiration you've taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...