Tuesday 28 February 2017

Challenge #250 week of 27th February 2017

Today is the main day for German Carnival (Rose Monday) and I wondered about finding a prompt around that before I realised that I'd kicked off the Carnival 5th season with prompt #237 so I'll save the big event itself for another year.

However, even though I don't personally celebrate Rose Monday or Carnival,  the day before Ash Wednesday is Shrove Tuesday in the UK which I most definitely do celebrate in its more colloquial form of "Pancake Day" .

This week, I'd like you to be inspired by pancakes or flipping!


I know I've made a page about pancakes before but I can't track it down anywhere!

You can read all about Pancake Day online including details of some of the more quirky aspects of this "all the pancakes you can eat" sort of day, such as Pancake races. These often have strict rules about flipping the pancake in the frying pan at the beginning and end of the race. When we were children, it was a highlight of the day to watch the varying success of our parents' flipping skills and when I make them for myself these days, there will be at least one attempt at a true flip!

Now, if you celebrate some sort of pancake day itself, this would be the ideal time to capture this snippet for your albums. Or maybe you have a thing for breakfast pancakes that needs to be recorded. How about some sort of food cooking technique which may or may not have been perfected in your house? You could take the "flip" into your design such as flipping a sketch around, mirroring some elements of your page, or scattering something. I'm sure you can find a way of being inspired by Pancake Day!

We'd love you to use this prompt and hope you will share your creations - there are now two ways to do this!

You can either upload your layout into the Whimsical Musings Flickr gallery with the tag WM#250 or you can post it in our Whimsical Musings Facebook group. We've decided that we'll save albums for special occasions so just load up your photo to the group with the tag WM#250 in the write up text so that we can find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...