Monday 26 October 2015

Challenge #189 week of 26th October 2015

Here in Europe, we just turned our clocks back for winter meaning dark evenings and a few more days of not so dark mornings, although that will soon turn into very short days indeed in the run up to the Winter Solstice on 21st December. I happen to love it when I see that the days are getting shorter and the extra hour over the weekend was a welcome win.

It got me thinking about turning the "clocks" back and how many I have in the house that actually have to be changed manually. So far, I've managed four and will have to tackle the wall clocks in the days to come. It's a bi-yearly routine and something which is so normal for those of us who do it, but when you think about it, it's pretty strange - trying to change time. But all those clocks in my house and the act of making them all one hour earlier seemed like something we should talk about...

So this week, I'd like you to be inspired by clocks.

I had a quick search on Pinterest and found these beauties that could easily appear on any wish list of mine - especially the moonscape one! But I thought they might be a nice trigger for a page - design or story-wise - too.

Pinterest find here

Pinterest find here

Pinterest find here

Pinterest find here

Pinterest find here

I hope you find some inspiration her for your own project. I can think of a few stories relating to turning the clocks back or forward or how I feel at this time of year, or a particular clock, or there are several special watches I could write about. Or how about the design of a clock - this could easily be translated into a page design, or the colour scheme of any of the clocks featured here or one you find yourself.

I think this is a rather wide prompt!

It would be lovely to see you over at our Whimsical Musings Flickr gallery with the tag WM#189.

Hurry now, and don't be late!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...