Monday 28 November 2011

Challenge #16 Week of 28th November 2011

It's nearly the end of November. Eeek! Are you ready for the holidays yet? I know I'm not. No decorations up or out, no cards written, no presents bought/made/thought of, no plans firmed up. Guess I have a lot to do and Advent has already started. Double eeeek!

But my job today isn't to scare you, rather to (hopefully) inspire. And this week was a hard one for me. It only dawned on my late last night what the challenge needs to be and now I don't understand why I didn't realise sooner.

This week, I want you to be inspired by your birthday. Well, I'd prefer it to be YOUR birthday but I guess anybody's birthdays will be ok if you add a whimsical twist to it *wink*. But of course, I don't just want you to create about "it was my birthday and we went out to dinner and I got X, Y and Z." Oh no, that would be too easy. I want you to think a bit deeper. Maybe there's a birthday from the past that stands out for a particular reason. A present that was the BEST present you ever got. A special number (you know, the round ones) that was especially spectacular. I think you get the idea.

The reason this is so pertinent to us this week, of all weeks, is that tomorrow is Pam's special day (29th)! And last week was mine (22nd)! Which means that Pam and I are only separated by 7 days (ok, and a few decades but who's counting?) and that makes us November twins ;-)

The BEST birthdays happen in November, let me tell you!

Pam created a wonderful birthday "to do before 28" list layout for her last birthday and blogged (here) about the achievements last week in preparation for what I hope will be a new list for this birthday.

Isn't this gorgeous? (Pam: hope you don't mind me posting this here!!)


And I have to say that I don't think I've ever created more than one or two layouts that are directly about my day. Only one springs to mind and is one I was asked to make for a magazine so it was very specific. I chose my 40th as that really was a wonderful occasion. But it's more of an "on the surface" layout because of the fact that it was commissioned. I think I need to go back to this particular celebration and try again. Maybe this is the week.


Whether it's this year's birthday or one many moons ago or even one way in the future, find a different way to scrap it this week.

Don't forget to share your creation with us over at our Flickr gallery (here) with the tag WM#16.

Have a great week everyone.

Lisa
xx

3 comments:

  1. Wow Lisa, I would never have guessed you were in your 40s!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi (aka move4life)29 November 2011 at 06:20

    (Lisa, let me give you a moment to stop kissing the first poster ;) ) haha.
    OK - time's up ;) lol. Great challenge. I already have a few ideas!!!!! THANKS! I think I've forgotten about a few birthdays :O (a definitely BAD sign of how many I've had *wink*)
    xoxo Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a surprise today to find a sweet little gift in the mail from the two of you. And they are orange! A beautiful, perfect color of orange too, BTW. Love it! Thank you so much for appreciating me and thank you both for inspiring me! I have a few ideas swirling in my head for this weeks challenge. Now to see if I can put them on paper.

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...