Tuesday 25 September 2018

Challenge #304 - week of 24th September 2018

Welcome back to another week of inspiration and I have to say that I've done a couple of pages recently that I need to share so watch this space for proof that I actually DO make layouts from time to time - even using my own challenges!

This week I'm going old school. Back to a product that I loved - and actually still love - to use on almost every single layout. It's an everyday product from almost all of our gardens or kitchens and that found a lovely way of embellishing our pages and I soon had a huge variety of different colours, thicknesses and textures.

Be inspired by twine.


There was a time when I got through yards and yards and yards of cream or white or natural twine every month as I wrapped it around every page and scrunched it up and made big floppy bows! These days, not so much but I really like the look of it. I just forget to use it.

I use it for my banners,

and for threading through buttons for more detail and texture,

and of course, wrapping around the whole width of a page or an element. 

It's also perfect on small formats too

You might have some coloured examples, thick, thin or metallic to use on your pages. You might want to thread it though buttons, wrap it round an element, tie a knot at the top of a tag or make a messy bunch as a feature. Maybe you want to use it to lace something up or join things together. Perhaps you have some product that features twine in printed form. You could have a story about something getting tied up with twine or string or what about something that's being strung along! I think you can find ways of talking about twine even if you don't want to use it as a product itself.

I'd love to see where this takes you this week and of course, if you are inspired, I hope that you'll share. You can do that in our Facebook group here. Tag your entry with #WMXX so we know exactly which inspiration you've taken. 

Or simply tell us in the comments where to find you... :-)

1 comment:

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...