Monday 17 September 2018

Challenge #303 - week of 17th September 2018

I'm a sight-seeing type of girl and I've been doing a whole lot of it right here in Germany in the last few months. And of course being a scrapbooker, I take a lot of photos and try to capture some of the details that catch my eye.

This last weekend I was visiting a local Schloss (stately home) and the sun streaming through a stained-glass window gave me one of the best photos of the weekend.

So, this weekend I'd like you to be inspired by stained-glass.

Here are just a selection of just the most beautiful examples of coloured glass...

The library at Schloss Herrnsheim

The stately home of Schloss Drachenburg

The domed ceiling at Galleries Lafayette in Paris

Les Invalides in Paris

The Cologne Cathedral 

Windows can be difficult to capture well on a photo so I try to find different ways of showing their beauty and they are to be found everywhere - not just in churches and cathedrals.

You might have a set of sightseeing photos you'd like to use this week or maybe you'd like to use them in a metaphorical way to talk about something different. You could use a die-cut background backed with coloured paper which looks like stained glass or do you have products which feature these effects? I think there are different ways to take this prompt in a stash direction or photo driven layout or even for your journalling - plenty of scope for interpretation.

I'd love to see where this takes you this week and of course, if you are inspired, I hope that you'll share. You can do that in our Facebook group here. Tag your entry with #WMXX so we know exactly which inspiration you've taken. 

Or simply tell us in the comments where to find you... :-)

2 comments:

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...