Monday 25 June 2018

Challenge #293 - week of 25th June 2018

Midsummer - it comes and goes so fast. Just as we are beginning to enjoy summer days here in Germany, the longest day of the year has come and gone. I can't help thinking about the fact that just as we traditionally get warmer weather and people are spending more time outdoors, the days are shortening towards winter and cooler days! Ha ha! If you know me, you know that I love the winter so maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part.

Anyway, we had Midsummer's Day/Night as a prompt back for WM#174 so I didn't want to repeat it exactly. But it is a seasonal marker in the year that I like to reflect on so I decided to include it again but with a twist.

This week, I'd like you to be inspired by White Nights


Far more north than we are here in Germany, the phenomenon of "white nights" is something that I find fascinating. Nights that don't turn dark - or just for a few hours only. Life on earth is truly amazing.

In fact, I just read a report about the FIFA World Cup which said that the England team are experiencing problems where they are staying near St Petersburg because they are only getting about 4 hours of dark per night which is disrupting their sleep habits. Now, I could get a gold medal for sleeping so I wonder if I'd get the same problems!

You might have a story about long days and short nights, maybe you've even travelled so far north that you've experienced these nights for yourself. There was a particularly well-known film back in the 80s featuring Mikhail Baryshnikov that was a favourite of mine, where I first learnt about this side of nature, that could trigger an idea or two for a layout. You could talk about what you do in the long evenings or how it affects your own sleep or daily routines. You could choose to make a page which is predominantly white or light shades. I think there are different places to take this prompt even if it looks a little limited at first glance!

It would be great to see your creations in our Facebook group here - we love it when you share so please don't be shy! Tag your entry with #WMXX so we know exactly which inspiration you've taken. 

Or simply tell us in the comments where to find you... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...