Monday 12 June 2017

Challenge #261 - week of 12th June 2017

I'm afraid I'm in a sad mood and therefore, this is a sad prompt. Of course, I'm sure there's a way to interpret this in a way that makes sense for you - and that may not be sad at all - so please feel free to take this in any direction you feel right.

This week, I'd like you to be inspired by loss.

On Friday, we lost someone in the family who was and always will be, someone very important to us and I will no doubt take this prompt as an opportunity to make a tribute page to them for our album. Of course, I feel very sad but know that this will be therapeutic for me.

However, you may find that you don't like to include the sad or difficult parts of life in your scrapbook pages, and that's fine. There are even ways to take this prompt in a more positive direction. Perhaps talking about things from your childhood that you miss, a favourite teddy that went astray many years ago, even the loss of things that have affected you positively such as weight for your health for example. But if you feel that sad these events also have a place in your albums, you might want to think about someone who you've lost and make a tribute page. You don't need to share if it doesn't feel right but think about just letting us know that you have.

I made these pages a long time ago about my grandfather who remains one of the most important male figures in my life - and he died 27 years ago. He is still missed every day. But I can look back on our time together and smile in a way that was difficult for me for many years. I still miss him every day but it's not such an aching pain. Even if I'm not such a fan of the style of these pages today, layouts I've made about him have proved good for me and have a special place in my albums.



Whichever way you see the inspiration this week, I'd love you to tell us where it took you. If you'd like you can share your layout with us over at the Whimsical Musings Flickr gallery with the tag WM#261 or you can post it in our Whimsical Musings Facebook group again with the tag WM#261.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...