Sunday 8 March 2015

#160 Inspired by a Fifth Avenue window display

This week, I asked you to be inspired by this beautiful window display that Pam brought to my attention while we were strolling along Fifth Avene!

I loved the rows of circular embroidery frames with all that beautiful bright colour blocked fabrics.


For my take, I decided to get my Cameo working and use one of the full 12x12 backgrounds I love so much but have yet to use! I have dozens and dozens of these files in my Silhouette library and love seeing them used online, but haven't got around to putting one to use myself. Seemed the ideal time to give it a go.

Counterfeit Kit Challenge March kit, Drift, layout #1

I used my Counterfeit Kit Challenge March kit, Drift, and selected some bright, contrasting colours which reminded me of the original, even if they don't really match the original. But I wanted to leave quite a few of the circles empty to create a white-on-white effect. Filling the spaces with my bright papers, I wanted to get a random effect across the page - random is really hard to do when you are thinking about it, but I'm still pleased with the result.


Once I'd filled the background die-cut with my filler papers, I then looked around for a suitable photo and topic, realising that the bottle of champagne would be ideal for all these floating bubbles!


I kept the rest of the layout very simple, backing the photo with a few layered papers and using a cork Polaroid frame I'd cut out with my Big Shot.


A few sequins and a sprinkle of cork dots continue the bubble theme and tie the photo mat into the background design.

The empty circles provided ideal spots for a little journalling and then my layout was done.


It's not my usual style but I'm happy to have tried out something new and to have found a way to interpret the original inspiration photo in a way that means something to me.

What will you do with all those circles this week? Or have you taken the prompt in another direction?

Don't forget to share over at our Whimsical Musings Flickr gallery with the tag WM#160 or any of the previous week's prompts (see the full list under the Whimsical Musings Past Prompts page tag at the top of the blog)

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty page - still you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun bubbly page - love the added sequins and your "random" ;) colorwork. Looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this one!!!! both the inspiration photo and of course the result. I love the different sized circles. such fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...